Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

"I think I forgot something" Travel essentials

We have all been there, forgetting essential things like socks but remembering to bring 10 shirts and 5 shades of lipstick for a 3 day trip. #priorities. While the struggle is real, I am a firm believer that as long as you have a toothbrush, credit card, and positive attitude you can conquer basically any travel mishap. However, if you have the time to give a bit more thought to your packing, I have made up a little list of travel packing essentials that have helped me have smooth trips for the last 4 months. 

Cleanse, moisturize, protect
Fact: traveling in general is very dehydrating, especially when flying.
If you can, fly without makeup on and slather on the moisturizer before, during, and after the flight. First Aid Beauty has awesome and high quality products without an unbearable price tag, and the juice pack-esk packaging for the cleanser is so thin and easy to slip into travel packs. While sunscreen should be an everyday reality for everyone, it most definitely is a must when on holiday in sunny places.

Cleanse: First Aid Beauty Cleanser: cleanser and cream duo for $15

Moisturize: Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion - $5.00 for .5 oz travel size

Protect: Neutrogena Sunscreen SPF 70- $9.00 for 3.0 fluid oz

Spritz and smell
There is something that makes me feel more put together and ready to face the day if I add a spritz of something lovely to my routine. Smelling good should be a priority, no matter where you are!
 A word on the Sephora perfume samplers: you pay $24 for 6 perfume samples, choose your favorite, and then can redeem a roller ball of it for free! An easy an inexpensive way to discover new scents, a sweet gift, and a great travel companion- I love it.
Chloe Perfume Roller Ball-  Spray of Sunshine Perfume Sampler $24

Elizabeth & James Nirvana (Black and White) Mini Rollerball Set $20

Healthy Brovelli
Traveling means trying new things, and frequently means trying food that might not agree with you. If you get air sick, car sick, or have a sensitive tummy, throw some ginger chews in your purse for immediate and yummy relief. Finally, they don't call me Mama Brovelli for nothing: bring bandaids, Neosporin, Advil, vitamins... hell just bring a mini first aid kit! No one ever regretted being over prepared, and you never know if where you're going will have your favorite remedies.

'Gin Gins' Ginger Chew Candy- around $3 available at Trader Joes & Whole Foods

Safe travels First Aid Kit (found one with Disney Princesses cause why not). $6.50


Huzzah for organization!
Both of these were things my Mom forced me to get before leaving for Europe.... and I proudly admit that she was right (as usual). The makeup organizer has been a godsend of organization, I love the tri fold format and that it can hang up for easy access or fold down to a slim pouch for storage. The travel bottles are kind of a no brainer, but I never anticipated how much I would like having the clear pouch and different sized containers. Yay for airport liquid restrictions!

Makeup Organizer: Orla Kiely for Target- around $25, similar here

Travel Bottles and Bag: $8, similar here




Misc importance
Sometimes it's the random bits and bobs that you throw in last minute that can make or break a packing list. If you are going to be out for hours on end, using your phone for directions, snapping pictures, and Instagraming your adventures, odds are you are going to need some extra battery juice. It gives me such peace of mind to have my portable phone charger on trips, and I have been so grateful to have it many times (thanks Auntie Kim!) I always thought I was real book kind of person, until I was united with the beauty that is the Kindle. I love love LOVE it. I have the Kindle Fire so I can download books, stream movies and shows, play games, and it even has a built in camera so #selfie. 



No explanation needed, just love, random importance, and helpfulness: Nail clippers, Hobo 'Euro slide' walletnail polish removing wipes, extra razor heads, and of course- my neck pillow.
 
Me, the clearly overjoyed neck pillow model 

With love and wanderlust,

Sarah Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment