Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

'From head to toe' Lisbon



My makeup look:
Eyes: created a warm smokey eye effect with Lorac Pro Palette
Brows: Lightly filled in and shaped with Maybelline Brow Pencil


 My look:
Pants: from a local designer exhibition in Sevilla, similar here
Belt: handmade in Sevilla, I can't find anything like it!
Shoes: Topshop sandals, similar here
Earrings: Anthropologie similar here
Bag: Day a Day (Spanish company) similar here


Cheers to Lisbon, the first stop on my final European trip that ended in London on May 20th 2015.
Lisbon, the capital of Portugal, felt like a city of copy cats to me. I don't mean to offend, but everywhere I turned I saw shadows of other cities mirrored in Lisbon. From the nearly identical Golden Gate bridge replica, the large statue of Jesus overlooking the city just like in Rio de Janeiro, the main square that looks so much like Madrid's Plaza Mayor, even to the architecture and narrow streets that remind me of Italy. Each of these elements play an important and purposeful role in Lisbon's history; they are not imitating due to lack of creativity but the familiarity struck me all the same. This little photo shoot was taken right outside the restaurant we ate at for our last night in Lisbon before we moved on to Vienna, hastily trying to capture some pictures before the sun went down and the restaurant canceled our reservation. I think they turned out pretty well, and encompass the laid back and casual feel of both Lisbon and Sevilla. If I were to wear this same outfit again, I think I would fully embrace the 'more is more' attitude and throw on more jewelry, muss up my hair a bit, and overall de-polish my look to a more relaxed vacation vibe. And what a vacation it was. 

I have been home for exactly a week, and am slowly working on a post that ties together my study abroad experience and reflects on everything that happened during those 5 months. However this project may take a while. As you can imagine Netflix is much more appealing than trying to summarize 150 days abroad in one short blog post that demonstrates gratitude, self reflection, and tells some really great anecdotes. Thank you for reading these ramblings and supporting my virtual journey to find my voice and passion. Being abroad solidified some of my priorities and goals, which excites me but also scared me because I learned a lot about accepting things I cannot change, that your friends truly make your world, and that sometimes you have to lose an iPhone in order to find your perspective. 

In the meantime, I just started my internship as a Style Guru for College Fashionista; an website where students write articles and photograph their peers in order to share street style fashion right from their college campus. I will be writing weekly posts and hopefully inspiring creativity for both my own style and for anyone who stumbles across my fashion musings. Check out my Style Guru bio here and #StyleOn. 

With love and 'obligada',

Sarah Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment