Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

'From head to toe': Yeti on the Malibu Pier













Free People Boatneck Black long sleeve similar here
Zara handbag- similar here from H&M
Necklace- from a boutique in Paris

Ah, hail to the power of a statement piece. For a long time my whole wardrobe was based on big, bold and loud statement pieces; all my shirts were fun & funky, my pants were colored AND patterned and I had no essential every-day layers. As I've gotten older and honed in my style more I have really seen the light about having great 'basics'. It might hurt to pay a little bit extra for a plain black shirt and nice pair of jeans, but they WILL last you longer and feel/look better on your body. I'm still a loyal Target, H&M and Gap customer but I now understand the value of value of high quality neutral pieces that will compliment your more bold clothing. However I am still a sucker for a wild and fun piece and this vest definitely falls into that category. Cozy, delicately embroidered, and lovingly named 'the yeti' this vest was a splurge that I don't regret in the least and have already gotten a ton of use out of. On a cold and seriously blustery day in Malibu I braved the hoards of tourists on the pier and got some snapshots of one of my favorite looks at the moment; awesome staples elevated by a bold statement piece. 

With love and the yeti,
Sarah Belle

1 comment:

  1. Such a fan of the yeti! And they pair so well with the edge of black, ripped jeans and the simple tee. Definite win.

    ReplyDelete