Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Matcha steel cut oats

Cooking in New York is a mission and a half, so when I do it warrants documentation and celebration!! I have been trying to make my cooking and meal prep more efficient- combining all my food needs into one meal that is easy to transport, cheap, and healthy. Voila, matcha oats was born. This bad boy is packed with goodness and is photogenic to boot. MVP award goes to my rooftop and these beautiful flowers- everything tastes better when you eat it in the sunshine. 


Not trying to insult your intelligence, but here is a how to for the world's simplest recipe: 
  1. Follow instructions on your choice of oatmeal (I like this one)
  2. Mash banana in a separate bowl
  3. About halfway through cooking time add banana and matcha powder (best if sifted beforehand) and whatever other goodies you want (collagen powder, chia seeds, coconut butter & cinnamon are some of my favorites)
  4. Stir well and add water or almond milk if mixture is getting clumpy
  5. Let the oats sit in the pan for a minute or so after cooking time to let it settle, then eat hot or cold for up to a week after making. 


There you have it- a breakfast that is naturally sweetened, vitamin rich, and a built in caffeine kick for your morning. Hope you like it! 
With love and fuel,

Sarah Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment