Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The weekender banana pancake (Vegan, GF)

Chocolate and popcorn are frequent fliers on my cravings list. My Spanish host Mom even called me "la chica de las palomitas" or "popcorn girl", a title I wear with pride. But we've all been there when out of nowhere a craving attacks and something you wouldn't normally go for is stuck in your mind. Mine this Sunday was pancakes, and I wanted them something fierce. Similar to bagels, pancakes are one of those foods that give me anxiety and guilt. Of course I am happy to indulge and I know that a happy life is lived in moderation, but I knew there had to be healthier way to satisfy my stomach. There is something so comforting and right about this spin on the classic banana pancakes, they are the food form of relaxation. 
Inspired by this Deliciously Ella recipe, here is a warm, hearty breakfast perfect for starting a cold Fall morning with protein and a little something sweet. 






The cutest little beggar 

Some adaptations made to her recipe: 
  • Sub out the cup of water for almond milk, it will make the batter a bit sweeter and creamier. 
  • Swap 2/3 cup of ground almonds for almond meal. Cheaper and easier to find (Trader Joes)
  • Include some unblended oats in the final mixture for added texture (about 1/4 cup)
  • Add in some of your favorite nuts & things for added protein and taste (chopped pecans, coconut shavings, dried fruit, chia seeds)
  • Top off with chocolate/carob chips b/c why not??

With love and pretending like it's the weekend,
Sarah Belle 

No comments:

Post a Comment